New in Release 2.21.0 (13 Feb 2021)New overview page shows thumbnails of all blog pictures of all days.
E-mail notification on new answers for comments.
Share link to single blog picture.
Waypoint support for GPX viewer.
- standard Java webapp to be deployed in any servlet container
- no database required - all data (except the pictures) are stored in cached XML files
- automatic downscaling of uploaded pictures to thumbnail and full blog size
- performance- and memory-optimized presentation of pictures (thumbnails first, replaced dynamically by full size on scroll)
- public URL for visitors
- optional staged publication of new entries (extra release step)
- visitors can add comments, new comments marked for blog author
- like-function for visitors
- subscribe function to notify visitors about new blog entries via e-mail
- attach files to blog entries
- Geotrack viewer shows GPX tracks on Google Maps
- search function
- automatic extraction of GPS location data from pictures (Exif-data of JPEG images)
- presentation of GPS locations on Google Maps, Open Street Map and in Google earth
- choice of different layouts (via different CSS)
- select a blog picture as title picture
- auto-rotation of blog pictures according to Exif orientation flag
- explicit rotation of pictures by blog author
- date selection via calendar, days with entries are highlighted
- sort order as blog (newest entry first) or as diary (oldest entry first)
- overview page shows thumbnails of all blog pictures
- share a link to a single blog picture or to the blog positioned at a certain entry
- visitor and comment statistics
- optional self-registration of users or registration by admin
- disk quota inspection with e-mail notification to admins
- supported languages: English, Deutsch, Español
- source code available on github
Android client appThe app for Android allows to post blog entries directly from a Smartphone or tablet. The pictures are being scaled down to blog size before they are transferred to the arcoiris blog server thus reducing the amount of data being sent. In offline mode new blog entries are stored on the mobile device and can be sent to the server when a network connection becomes available.
arcoiris blog ist distributed under the GPL 3.0 license.
Additional license restriction: The link "about arcoiris blog" on the login screen, which shows an info window linking to the arcoiris homepage, must not be removed!
Included Software from other authors
The MediaUtil framework (http://mediachest.sourceforge.net/mediautil) written by Dmitriy Rogatkin and Suresh Mahalingam is used for lossless JPEG image transformation.
A library from Drew Noakes called ExifExtractor is used to extract EXIF data from digicam pictures.
XML and XSLT libraries from the Apache projects Xerces and Xalan are used.
A PNG encoder written by J. David Eisenberg (KeyPoint Software) is used for image transformation.
arcoiris blog uses the Google Maps API to select and display geographic locations.
The icon font from Font Awesome (http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome) is included.
Contact the author
If you find a bug or have suggestions for improvements please contact the author at email@example.com .